Redken Pillow Primer has been on my shelf for about one year. My hair is naturally extremely curly and it took me some time to learn how to blow dry it myself. I don’t think I expected much of Redken Pillow Primer, that’s why it took me over a year to actually give it a shot, and honestly I wish I would have done it sooner, because it makes the blow drying process for me much faster.
So here are a few things I love about it:
- Protects my hair from breaking and the heat: I can see that my hair looks and feels much healthier now than it used to before even after all the heating tools I use.
- It gives my hair volume: days when flat hair was a thing are pretty much over.
- It doesn’t kill the volume: it keeps my hair feeling very soft and silky afterwards.
- My hair feels much more thick and soft: the combination of both is hair goals
- A lasting blow dry and product: My blow dry lasts all day which is necessary and the actual product lasts me a good amount of time (bonus!).
Tips on how to get the best out of it:
- Shake it well before spraying it.
- Make sure to start blow drying your hair right after applying the spray, so it doesn’t get sticky.
- AND don’t mind the smell of it. I know that for many people that has been an issue, but once your hair is dry the smell is much less annoying. No one likes the smell of hairspray but, we still use it. Its purpose is to protect your hair and give you volume, not make it smell like roses.
Happy hair styling,
Your NDS Duo