The Ordinary’s Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% is one of my favorite products from their line, and if you ask why, it’s because it actually works. You know how it usually goes when we buy products. We give them a try and often don’t see any results. That is not the case when it comes to this one. Here are a few tips to make the most of using it, along with my impressions:
- At first there was some pretty intense tingling, especially around my eyes and lips. My skin rarely has any sensations when it comes to skincare products, so that made me slightly nervous. I would suggest going easy with it in those two areas. The founders and online reviews say that the tingling goes away in a week or two, but if you know your skin the way I do, you might want to avoid using this product around your upper lip and take extra care around your eye area. If the tingling feels unbearable to you, or if you don’t want to take any chances, you can always mix it with your favorite moisturizer. For people with sensitive skin, I suggest being cautious and maybe start with it as a spot treatment to see how your skin reacts.
- The first time I applied this product, I used it along with Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%. At the time, I had two breakouts on my cheek, and I swear to you the next day they were almost gone. Three days later, they had vanished completely.
- Another miraculous effect this product had was brightening my skin. We all know how long it takes for acne scars to go away, and I noticed them fading after using this Vitamin C for only about one week. I literally had a “wow” moment, because, just like many of you, I am skeptical about a product until I see visible results. I’m very happy with its effectiveness.
- Another benefit is that it works well with the other products I use. I usually wait a couple of minutes to let it soak in before I follow up with moisturizer. The formula seems compatible with the rest of my skincare routine.
- Because of all the tingling and irritation that can follow (I suggest starting with a less-concentrated Vitamin C to build up your tolerance), I only apply it at night. Plus its texture is a bit gritty, which makes it a better product for my p.m. skincare routine.
- My skin looks super plump and radiant the morning after using it. I can’t say it helps fines lines just yet since breakouts and scars are my biggest concern.
- In the beginning, the texture was something that threw me off. At first, it’s very creamy, but as you rub it in (like you would do with any cream or serum), it developed more of a texture that was harder to spread. So now I only use a drop of product and apply it to one area of my face, then apply another drop for another area, and so on.
- I use it only at night, and after one month of use I’m can see that I’m almost halfway done with the product, which means that one bottle won’t even last for two months. That’s a downside, but on the other hand the product is only about $7, so it won’t hurt your wallet too much…just pray it’s not out of stock when you go to reorder it.
Hope this helps!