They say you can’t wear white after Labor Day. I say let’s kill this myth right here and now. If you are stuck in a style rut because you are still following outdated fashion rules, it’s time to leave them all behind. It’s never too late to update your New Year’s resolution list. Days when you compromise style for rules are far gone.
I always find white pieces so fun to wear and so easy to style. If the idea of wearing white just doesn’t sit right with you in winter time, consider off-white, cream or beige shades. Trust me, those will score you lots of compliments and they actually pair nicely with black boots or chunky sweaters. Over the past few months, white jeans have been my number one piece to pack when traveling. New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles….winter, fall or summer time…It makes no difference. I’m bringing those white pants with.
Side note: When I pick out a pair of jeans, I always go with the high-waisted version. High-waisted pants can be paired with turtlenecks, crop tops, bodysuits, you name it. They instantly elevate your look from casual to chic.
1. My go-to outfit on Sundays: tennis shoes, white jeans, a blue chunky sweater and bunch of gold jewels. Shoes: Women’s Crest Vibe Sneaker; Similar Sweaters: UO Oversized Balloon Sleeve Crew Neck Sweater; J.CREW Isabel knitted turtleneck sweater; Similar Pants: M.I.H JEANS Phoebe cropped straight-leg jeans; RE/DONE Originals High-Rise Ankle Crop frayed skinny jeans.
3. My most favored combo for Winter 2019. Similar Sweater: And Other Stories Wool Blend Chunky Knit Sweater; Similar Pants: GRLFRND – Devon frayed high-rise straight-leg jeans.
4. Nothing screams cozy and warm like an oversized beige sweater combined with cream-colored jeans. Similar Jeans: AGOLDE Jamie high-rise slim-leg jeans; Similar Shoes: Sam Edelman Winona; Madewell The Regan Boot in Suede.
5. High-waisted jeans and a black crop top layered under a structured blazer: we are San Francisco weather ready. Similar Shoes: Steven Lauryn Point Toe Mules; Veronica Beard Leonie d’Orsay Flats. Similar Blazer: MANGO – Modal-blend suit blazer. Similar Top: Alice + Olivia – Brenna cropped crepe top.
6. In combination with this fashion-girls approved black sheer bodysuit. Similar Bodysuits: Susana Monaco One Shoulder Top; GCDS Tulle Bodysuit; BCBGMAXAZRIA Lace Bodysuit; BCBGMAXAZRIA Lace Bodysuit Long Sleeves.
8. Add ankle boots and a camel cardigan when opting for a casual-yet-stylish look. Similar Cardigan: MANGO – Pocket long cardigan; Similar Pants: GRLFRND – Devon frayed high-rise straight-leg jeans; Similar Shoes: MANGO – Tortoiseshell heel leather ankle boot; Similar Top: Nasty Gal Handle With Square Bodysuit; NASTY GAL – Edge in ribbed bodysuit.