My story with Bumble and Bumble began the day I decided to make an appointment at the salon to cut my hair short. I just felt so bored with it at the time. After scrolling through Instagram on a daily (actually, more like an hourly) basis, I felt like my hair was lacking that picture-perfect shine all of the celebrities have.
I had no idea whether cutting my hair would fix that issue, but I was definitely on a mission to get that haircut…that is, until I walked into Sephora and asked a consultant to show me the product that ended up bringing life and glow back to my hair. He handed me Bumble and Bumble hair oil. I fell in love and we have been together ever since.
Here are just a few reasons why you should invest in it yourself, and when I say invest, it’s because it is a bit on the pricey side…so listen up:
- It contains six different kinds of oils that are very beneficial for your hair;
- It doesn’t weigh down hair like some other hair oils tend to do;
- The day you try this oil will be the day you say goodbye to split ends;
- If you have curly hair, that probably means you have a close relationship with hot tools, and it’s no secret they cause hair damage. This oil will protect your hair from getting damaged while heat styling;
- It will make your hair smell great even though it absorbs quickly;
- I love using it on dry hair too since it helps to tame that annoying frizz;
- A little goes a long way. I bought it about six months ago and have only gone through ¼ of the bottle;
Friendly reminder: avoid using too much of the oil so your hair doesn’t get greasy. And please, please, please don’t put it on your roots! I’ve heard some people actually do that. Anyways, if you have been struggling to find a great hair oil that will keep your hair healthy, soft and moisturized, I think I may have solved that one for you today. I hope I did 🙂
Your NDS Duo,
Redken Pillow Primer has been on my shelf for about one year. My hair is naturally extremely curly and it took me some time to learn how to blow dry it myself. I don’t think I expected much of Redken Pillow Primer, that’s why it took me over a year to actually give it a shot, and honestly I wish I would have done it sooner, because it makes the blow drying process for me much faster.
So here are a few things I love about it:
- Protects my hair from breaking and the heat: I can see that my hair looks and feels much healthier now than it used to before even after all the heating tools I use.
- It gives my hair volume: days when flat hair was a thing are pretty much over.
- It doesn’t kill the volume: it keeps my hair feeling very soft and silky afterwards.
- My hair feels much more thick and soft: the combination of both is hair goals
- A lasting blow dry and product: My blow dry lasts all day which is necessary and the actual product lasts me a good amount of time (bonus!).
Tips on how to get the best out of it:
- Shake it well before spraying it.
- Make sure to start blow drying your hair right after applying the spray, so it doesn’t get sticky.
- AND don’t mind the smell of it. I know that for many people that has been an issue, but once your hair is dry the smell is much less annoying. No one likes the smell of hairspray but, we still use it. Its purpose is to protect your hair and give you volume, not make it smell like roses.
Happy hair styling,
Your NDS Duo
The first body oil that I ever encountered was no doubt Johnson’s Baby Oil. I’m sure you can relate. I still have it on my shelf in case I run out of my favorite body oils (you should always keep a few of those handy).
Things have changed at a rapid pace in the beauty world. I never would have thought that I would be using oil on my nails, hair or even face. When it became a popular “thing” I thought “No way! Oil is so greasy!”. Yes, I used to be one of those people, I admit. I used to believe that lotion alone would keep my skin moisturized and that there was nothing better than that, until I’ve learned that you should never be skeptical about ANY beauty matters. So, here are a few things you should know in case you haven’t added one of these cute bottles to your bathroom shelf.
Oils are more effective at moisturizing than lotions. Lotion rubs off your skin very fast, while oil penetrates deeper and keeps your skin hydrated for much longer. Tip: Apply oil right after a shower or bath while your skin is still damp. This helps the oil absorb faster.
Oils are highly concentrated, so when you see a tiny little bottle, don’t be nervous to invest in it. Just remember that you will only use a few drops, which will make it last forever. Okay, I’m exaggerating a bit — maybe it will last for a couple of months. But using a beauty product for months feels like forever since we all know most products don’t last too long.
You will love this one. The biggest discovery for me was that some oils can also be used as a perfume. Woohoo! It’s a win-win!! While oils are concentrated, don’t let that scare you. They don’t have that overpowering feeling like some perfumes do. Most importantly, if you have sensitive skin or allergies to any ingredients, an organic oil is better than most perfumes since perfume bottles typically don’t list ingredients.
I have recently learned that most body oils can be combined with essential oils which can help you relax, feel better and even lift your mood. And all of that comes in one little bottle of oil? I will take 10 of them!
By this point, you are technically killing three birds with one stone: You’ll achieve moisturized skin, a pleasant scent and better mood. What else do we girls need? Perhaps we need to stock up on a few more! 🙂
Your NDS Duo,